Friday, May 25, 2012

Company Girls 052512

Company Girls - vacation edition! As of 2:30 this afternoon I'll be on vacation for a week. Woo hoo!

I'm not actually going anywhere, at least anywhere further than about twenty miles from home (and that only for a quick stop at a quilt store), but that's fine with me. The paint for the bathroom is purchased, a list of ten minute projects around home made and a number of funny, mindless books stored in the Kindle for long patio reading sessions.

Have you taken a look at the baby hawks yet? They hatched tiny, white and helpless; the largest is almost as big as the adults now. Larry, Curly and Moe should start flying somewhere between May 30th and June 4th. Lots of fun info on red-tailed hawks in the FAQs. Oh - if any of you have elementary/tween boys (or husbands who still think that way), you may want to watch the hawks for a while, as they get pretty impressive distance when they, um...eliminate (projectile poop, anyone?)

Our Creator has such an incredible breadth of imagination and eye for beauty in function!

Beginning Memorial Day, I'm participating in a Read Through the Bible in 90 Days challenge. If you are interested, click here; that post has the most information and a link through to the Facebook page (well over 200 people so far!). Lots and lots of encouragement and tips on the page; as I said there, even if you don't make it all the way through, reading any amount of God's word has eternal value. I'm going to try to put up a Monday post with my thoughts on the previous week, though it won't be in-depth study of any sort. The goal here is to simply read, not study or analyze. Let the Holy Spirit speak.

That's it for things here. I already have my poppy from the veterans for Memorial Day; for those of you in the U.S., don't forget to take a few moments away from the burgers and fireworks to remember those who died to protect our freedom and those of many others.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Enjoy your projects, painting and reading :)

mrs_fooko said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Enjoy the patio, and maybe grilling too. :)

secondofwett said...

Sounds like my kind of holiday! We had our big holiday weekend last weekend and I will admit to doing absolutely nothing...totally lazy! I've been reading bout the 90 day challenge and have been sorely tempted but realize I have very little self motivation these days to complete anything so I'd rather not heap more guilt on myself! Have a great wknd.