Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Color me...

One of this weekend's plans was to finalize the color choice for the downstairs bathroom. At the left is a (bad phone camera) picture of some of the finalists.

The spot on the wall is a sample of the Benjamin Moore paint I'm considering for the sewing room. The walls in the sewing room are rather inaccessible at the moment (::cough:: boxes ::cough::) so I gave it a test here, just to check the shade.

Generally, I've no problem picking paint colors. If it's not right, it's usually easy enough to repaint. The original plan (and the paint chip I've had the longest) was to use the middle lavender. The counter is black, the cabinets and the wide mirror frame white.

But the blue is pretty, and the teal is just...fun. And funny, as you can see under the pale grey that covers the walls a hint of that same color...

The paint sale started yesterday. I plan to go after work tomorrow to pick up what I need, so the painting can begin this weekend.

I'll let you know what happens.

3 comments:

melissa said...

I love paint, and your choices are great. Currently looking at lavenders myself to do the bathroom which I (unfortunately) painted a pepto-bismol pink a few years back. Have hated it ever since.

Update us when you decide for sure. I'll enjoy watching you! :)

Robbo said...

Have you considered vertical stripes of one of the lighter lavenders with white in between? (The placement of the paint cards brought the idea to mind.)

Diane said...

LOL - if you come and do all the taping, sure! Though that would certainly give the appearance of more height, which the room needs. It doesn't look impressive here, but I ended up with the blue.

Now, have I actually done any painting while off this week? Of course not.