Thursday, December 08, 2011

{pretty, happy, funny, real}

I've been reading Like Mother, Like Daughter for a while now, as a result of seeing a number of {pretty, happy, funny, real} posts around the blogosphere. Since I'm in a search for daily content this month, I thought I'd try my hand.

{pretty}


Apples, cinnamon sticks and greenery. What could be prettier? This wreath is new this year, hanging above the fireplace. The walls are actually green - less olive than sage, less yellow than mint. The flash rather washed out the colors; the wreath looks lovely against the green wall.

{happy}


These little ornaments make me happy. Many of my ornaments are glass, clear or frosted, some embellished with little roses or faux engraving. And the best part? Most of them have been purchased at Target over the years - inexpensive happy.

{funny}


Sigh. Apparently I'm becoming "well behaved", as at the moment, you could truthfully say that I rarely make quilts. I really need to get the unpacking done so the sewing room can be used.

{real}


The {happy} picture notwithstanding, you can see the tree is not fully decorated. The paper bag holds fall decorations that need both a plastic bin and a storage spot. The bubble wrap in the lower right corner coddles a wedding present that needs wrapping. The boxes hold ornaments and small decorations. The picture is blurry because I'm tired and will soon go to bed without having put anything more on the tree. Frankly, I'm beginning to like the "half a dozen ornaments and lights only" look.

No comments: