Sunday, October 16, 2011

Duck, duck....Geese!

Even though my condo is in the middle of the city, there is a sizable pond nearby. Greenfield is also home to a number of cemeteries, which provide lots of calm, peaceful green space. It's no wonder we often hear flocks of low flying geese honking their ways across the skies.

This morning, as I left to go to church, I ran across a small flock who decided to rest their wings, taking a stroll along our road instead.
By the time I pulled out my phone to take the picture, they had already crossed the road. In fact, I had driven past the straggler of the group, who by the time this was taken was behind my car. They didn't seem phased at all to have an auto pacing them.

To my left, on top of a small hill, three more geese stood as if they were generals reviewing their troops.

Not a big deal, but the whole thing made me smile.

No comments: