Friday, October 01, 2010

Company Girl coffee 100110

Wow - October already.  It feels as if September had barely begun.  I picked up some sugar-free apple cider mix last night - who would like to be the first to try it?

This felt like a long week.  I started out Monday earning a place in geekdom, and the rest of the week trying to catch up on a bit of cleaning and recipe-finding while simultaneously attempting to go to bed early to fight a cold.  Not terribly successful at either.

A dear friend will be in town this next week, and to celebrate, we're all getting together to play cards (see reference to cleaning in the previous paragraph).  Lunch will be served, chicken with wild rice soup and crustless broccoli/cheese quiche in honor of the mid-fifty degree high predicted for tomorrow.  Both recipes are on the blog - click the recipe tag on this post, and scroll through the entries.

Next week will be the first week for me to work all five days since...mid-May?  I've been working full time hours compressed into four days, and while the extra day off has been great, I'm ready for less pressurized work days.  My poor sewing machine has been ignored since June; usually, I can get at least half an hour of sewing in on at least one weeknight - it is amazing how much you can get done, half an hour at a time.

No comments: