Sunday, October 03, 2010

And I didn't even get a sticker

After work on Friday I stopped at City Hall to purchase my quarterly parking permit (sidenote:  they offer quarterly, semi-annual and annual stickers; one would think that after eighteen years in the same place, I'd be buying an annual sticker, but noooo...now that I realize I could be saving myself several trips a year to City Hall, I find I need to continue with the quarterly stickers, as I will most likely move within the next year).

Since I was there anyway, I asked if the absentee ballots were ready.  The grand adventure begins on election day; it's a bit difficult to vote from an airplane.

The ballots were indeed ready, so I went ahead and voted.  No muss, no fuss, no lines. Very anticlimactic.

And no sticker.  Which is a shame, but at the same time, it would be rather difficult to wear it everyday until the actual election.

No comments: