Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Denied

So I went to Walgreens after work for pantyhose and chocolate. It's a bit of a toss-up as to which I needed most - long day.

And very, very long check out line. The girl in Photo said to come on back, so a couple of us went over.

The stupid debit machine proceeded to deny my card. Three times. With close to one hundred times the amount of the purchase in my account, checked just this afternoon.

Leaving the chocolate and pantyhose, I hightailed it for the nearest ATM. The balance inquiry came back "we are unable to process this at the current time", while my request for cash was denied due to "transaction limit reached". Huh?

A call to the bank when I got home cleared it up nicely. Apparently, they have been having issues with ALL debit transactions for several hours, and are searching for answers.

The real kicker? While I was on the phone with the rep, she received an e-mail notifying her that the issue wasn't restricted to my bank, but had now spread to every bank...Wells Fargo, Chase...now I'm curious as to what (or who) caused it.

The up side is that the local pizza place processes the card as a credit card. Dinner, at least, is saved.

No comments: