Thursday, February 04, 2010

Comment on comments

Well, it's been a month since "upgrading" to JS-Kit commenting. The jury is still out. I like the fact that I can click on your name, and see your entire history of comments at this site. Having the emoticons is nice, as are the editing, photo and video embedding capabilities.

The one major drawback, however, is that as currently set, the comment does not provide a link back to the commenter's blog.

And that may indeed be a deal breaker.

You have to leave them to get them, and I've always made a point of visiting a visitor's blog and leaving them a comment, as well. Aside from the fact that I find that to be simple courtesy, it's helped me find some interesting blogs.

It may well be that this is operator error; there may be something I've not turned on at JS-Kit that will bring the weblinks back. I'll be hunting for that over the weekend.

Meanwhile, if you would, please leave your url in the body of the comments. I'll come visit, I promise! Any other feedback on the commenting system is welcome. If it's too much of a hassle, or if I can't figure out how to get the blog links to show up, I may switch back several years in time and decades in functionality and go back to the default blogger comments.

Thanks!

No comments: