Sunday, February 08, 2009

Someone start a collection for bail money

At any moment, I'm expecting the FBI or Homeland Security of the ATF (who knows who has jurisdiction over what these days) to knock my door down and arrest me for being one of those apocalyptic, end-of-the-world-is-coming, repent or die (or start to hoard tinned food, bottled water and other survivalist gear) foaming at the mouth religious nuts.

I just placed my fourth order for the Revelation study guide.

It's not all my fault - the first order consisted of a single book for me to preview. The second was for eleven, five for the morning study, one for a friend and five more on spec for the evening study, to take advantage of the price break at ten or more. Seven the next time - that should have covered it. Then someone new just showed up Tuesday night, a new person joined the morning group (whose membership has been static at six for two years) and one more woman from church decided to attend.

It's a good problem to have, though I'm sure my mailman and UPS guy would have preferred I plan a bit better.

Then again, maybe the feds won't come knocking at my door. After all, while Revelation does provide a blueprint for the end of times, it is primarily an unveiling of Jesus Christ.

That is indeed beyond their jurisdiction.

No comments: