Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Out of sorts

I've been truly out of sorts for the last three or four days. Enough, in fact, to have a bit of a meltdown last night...good thing I live alone. There's no specific, singular reason for feeling this way, more a general grouse at life itself. Things big and small are much more irritating than they would normally be.

Bah. I had a long rant written between that first paragraph and this, but it really doesn't do anyone any good, least of all me. The bottom line is that I'm really, really tired of being the responsible one. People are very, very good at taking advantage of that, as well as working the guilt angle if I dare to stand up to them. They go their profligate ways, doing and having and being whatever they want, while us responsible souls are left to clean up after them.

Er - I wasn't actually thinking of our government when I wrote that last sentence, but if the shoe fits...

That's one mess I truly don't want to clean up after.

No comments: