Monday, January 05, 2009

Fussed

Perhaps I'm more fussed over the news from Israel than usual because my landlords are currently tourists there, but the bias of the news coverage on the invasion of Gaza is truly making me crazy. Local media have been falling all over themselves to interview anyone in the muslim community with ties to the Palestinians. Yet, while Hamas has spent the last few years sending rockets into Israeli towns, they didn't bother to report much of anything.

I'm curious as to why the president elect has sidestepped the question of his support (or non-support) of Israel, with his comment of there "only being one president at a time'; considering his preemptive meddling in economic policy, you'd expect him to say something.

My fear is that he will begin the process of withdrawing our unqualified support from Israel. Not a great idea. God's not done with Israel by a long shot, and most effectively dealt with her enemies in the past -

'Therefore prophesy concerning the land of Israel and say to the mountains and to the hills, to the ravines and to the valleys, "Thus says the Lord GOD, 'Behold, I have spoken in My jealousy and in My wrath because you have endured the insults of the nations.'
"Therefore thus says the Lord GOD, 'I have sworn that surely the nations which are around you will themselves endure their insults.
Ezekiel 36:6 - 7

Start reading at chapter 25, and keep reading as God successively pronounces judgement on the nations that have been less than friendly toward Israel. It's not pretty.

If you have a moment and are so inclined, say a prayer or two for safe travel for my landlord, his family and the group with whom they are traveling. Lord willing, they should be home Sunday.

No comments: