Friday, February 22, 2019

Friday Funk

It's been a stupid week, and today (so far - it's only 7:23 a.m.) looks to be continuing the theme. I cannot wait to get home, take off my shoes and put my feet up.

But wait, I can't actually do that. At least not right away. I need to make another trip to the car dealership. Seems they had a computer update shortly before I went in to buy the car, and the update messed something up with the contracts (double charged a small fee). I have to go back to sign three pages. She insisted I did not need to make an appointment, but I'm willing to bet I'll have to wait when I get there. That's just the way this week has gone.

I've a grocery order to pick up on the way home. Groceries make me happy, except perhaps for bananas. I like bananas well enough to buy a few when they are on sale. But I only like them when they are green.  The online order form lets you specify degree of ripeness. Even with "green" checked and a note specifying that if they are not GREEN, not to bother, I sometimes end up with mostly-yellow 'naners. I don't make banana bread, so they will go to waste if not eaten immediately.

It's a texture thing; I can't stand mushy anything.

It's obvious I'm tired; the overuse of italics, caps and bold is a sure giveaway. For the past several nights I've slept fairly well, but had extremely vivid, odd dreams (which I don't remember on awakening, naturally). Those dreams only show up when I'm sick or stressed. Bah. No time for either.

The plan for the weekend is to ... not sure yet. The house needs a very thorough cleaning, several small house projects need done, food needs cooking and freezing for the week ahead and I just need a break.

So - what are you up to for the weekend?


No comments: