Friday, April 21, 2017

Obligatory Friday brain dump

It's been a rough week. I'm exhausted, and want nothing more than to go home and go to bed. The irony is that I'm at that stage of tired where I most likely would not be able to sleep.

Anyway, it's supposed to be a decent (by my standards; your mileage may vary) weekend, with highs in the mid fifties with sunshine. It's a bit too cold yet to do things like powerwash the patio, but I will putz with the little stuff. Hook up the hose, fix the flag mount, put in the solar powered spot for the flag. Anything that doesn't require putting on gardening clothes and actually getting dirty. In other words, the little stuff I was going to do last weekend, when it was seventy degrees.

Eh. It will (mostly, and eventually) get done.

I've not done much sewing at all this month. On Good Friday, I finished putting borders on the Galaxy quilt. Cut out the binding. Still need to press the top, press the binding and piece the back. Then it will all go on skirt hangers in the closet until I can afford to have someone else quilt it. Yes, for the first time ever, I'm sending something to someone else for quilting.

There may be some organizing in the studio this weekend. A while ago, I picked up a box of vacuum bags - the plastic zipper bags that have a valve on them through which you can suck out the air inside the bag. Well, not you, but your vacuum does the sucking. My winter linens/quilts are stored this way.

Someone on a quilt message board mentioned she puts all the fabric and bits for her quilts-in-progress into these sorts of bags, as they tend store in much less space than otherwise. I cannot see doing this with things that are already started, as the wrinkling is rather pronounced once you open the bags, but I happen to have a number of quilty things that are in the "large hunks of fabric" stage. The fabric needs to stay together, but I certainly don't have to have it loose in a bin.

While I have rather a lot of these bins of projects and potential projects (//cough//four or five//cough,cough//), I do have an inventory list. Somewhere. More specifically, in one of the three spiral notebooks of various sizes and shapes that live in the drawer of the sewing machine cabinet. The last time the list was updated, though, is at least two years ago.

Other than those couple of things, I intend to laze around all weekend. How about you?

2 comments:

melissa said...

Tired. Yesyesyes. I read that vitamin B12 is critical when we're taxed, and you can't overdose. There's a particular type that's easier absorbed. Methyl-something or other. I have the type that starts with a C...can't remember the name. Whatever...it seems to work. I tend to be anemic, so this paired with iron is making life a bit less tiresome. If the tiresome people would shove off, life would be peachy! Hope you have a good rest this weekend.

melissa said...

Tired. Yesyesyes. I read that vitamin B12 is critical when we're taxed, and you can't overdose. There's a particular type that's easier absorbed. Methyl-something or other. I have the type that starts with a C...can't remember the name. Whatever...it seems to work. I tend to be anemic, so this paired with iron is making life a bit less tiresome. If the tiresome people would shove off, life would be peachy! Hope you have a good rest this weekend.