Wednesday, December 09, 2015

Not exactly a quality post

So much for the "post per day" aspect of Holidailies. It's not so much that I have nothing to say, but more that I have nothing much to say that is worthy of a post.


In that spirit, some brain lint:


- We are having unseasonably warm weather. The temperature when I got up at 4 a.m. was higher than our average high for this time of year by almost ten degrees. Tomorrow's high may break the previous record for that date (58 degrees). Thank you, El Nino, for the savings on my heating bill.


- The autumn swag is still on my front door. I just bought a winter one...maybe the two will be swapped out tonight.


- The tree is sitting in the middle of the living room, waiting for me to finish "fluffing" the last third of the branches. It looks great even undecorated, with just the lights on it (no, that is not a sneaky way of saying I may just jam the angel on the top and leave the rest of the tree with lights only)(unless time really gets away from me). I've a real pine swag on the mantel (spray every other day with water to keep it fresh-ish) that makes the house smell great. If all goes well, I'll be fully decorated by the end of this next weekend.


- Trying to get things done at work before the holiday break. Since we were given the days between the Christmas and New Year holidays as a "gift of (paid) time", only three vacation days were needed to end up with two full weeks off. You wouldn't think I'd have so much to get done just for three measly days.


- When exactly will the GOP put their foot firmly on Trump's backside and launch him out the door? He is the best possible gift they could give to the Democrats - someone who makes she-who-must-not-be-elected look like the reasonable candidate. I thought this nation hit a low point in reelecting O in 2012; apparently, we can sink lower.

No comments: