Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Days

Thirty-one days hath October...


And that is just long enough for a posting challenge. A friend plans to participate; I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon as well.

The idea is to post on change and challenges. I have enough of both in my life lately, however, so I'm going to break the rules a bit (well, quite a bit).

During October, I'm going to put up daily pictures of quilts I've made, from the first baby quilt thirty-one years ago (yikes - I could potentially be into second generation recipients!) to the one finished six weeks ago.

It should be interesting to go back over the pictures, to see what, if any, evolution there has been in my quilting. Truth to tell, these were gift quilts, not art quilts; they were made to suit the occasion and the sensibilities of the intended giftee.

Once I catch up on my backlog, I should be able to just play in the studio. So check back for some truly creative quilts around September, 2029.

Just kidding.

Not really.

A good many of the first few weeks' worth of pictures will be scans of actual physical pictures that are stuck in my quilting album, pictures taken with a 35 millimeter point and shoot loaded with actual FILM. Some pictures were taken in a hurry prior to giving a quilt away; in some, the colors are funky because the film processor had no people in the picture from which to gauge the correct shades in the quilt.

We'll see how it goes. I'm out of town on business later in the month (anyone care to meet me in St. Louis?), but will write and schedule the posts for that period now.

There is no possibility I will run out of quilts to post. Indeed, I could extend the series through November without any worries. If I miss a day, it will be from laziness or circumstances beyond my control, not from lack of material (heh - unintentional quilting pun).

Should be fun.

No comments: