Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Grammar gaffes

I'm not sure I've mentioned it here, but I'm part of the tech team at church. Once a month (or more often - I tend to volunteer for the special services) I'm the designated visual media mogul.

At this church, the video/slide person not only runs the presentation software during the service, but comes in early and puts together that presentation - during the hour before the first service begins. It can be a bit hair raising, especially if the songs on the playlist are not currently in the software library (the computer used to run the presentations was stolen during a break-in the week before I started training - we had to rebuild the library from scratch). Add to that a pastor who sometimes gives an incorrect reference for a verse he is reading during his sermon (which also need to be added to the presentation), and, well, it's enough to make a type A person a bit crazy.

I live in great fear of misspelling something, or substituting a valid, but completely inappropriate word for another. So you can see why I find this article (and especially the comments - be sure to read them) both hilarious and appalling.

You might want to pray for me the third Sunday of every month.

1 comment:

Francesca Watson said...

HAHAHA! That was terrific!