Thursday, May 10, 2012

Company Girls Coffee 051112

Good morning evening, all! It is actually late Thursday night, not much more than an hour before the official start of Friday. I was out waaaaay past my bedtime tonight, having coffee and great conversation at the home of some friends.

Should have made the coffee decaf. The really stupid thing? I'm the one who stopped at Starbucks and brought the coffee for us all!

I'm happy to report that last weekend's planned little household project - taking off a towel rack attached to the side of a kitchen cabinet - actually was completed. Yay! Odd how a five minute project can make such a difference. Though not quite as odd as how long it took to get around to taking that five minutes.

Speaking of projects, I have a week off at the end of the month, and I think I've decided on a project. I should be working on the boxes remaining from the move (and I will), but I think it will be a shot in the arm if I can completely change/decorate just one room. The sewing room is full of boxes, the loft, living room and my bedroom have vaulted ceilings that make painting a scaffold job, and the dining room has an eight by ten foot mirror attached to one wall that would have to come off if the room is to be painted.

That leaves me with the bathrooms.

The first floor bath is painted dove grey, ceiling and all. The vanity counter and sink (all one piece) is faux-marble look, black with white streaks corian. The vanity cabinets underneath are white. The faucet, two shelves on one wall and a towel rack on another are old-fashioned looking chrome and white enamel like this. The tub and toilet have their own tiny little room, also grey (fixtures are white).

The plan is to paint the room, the ceiling white, the walls a deeper medium blue sort of like this (your monitor may vary). The white of the fixtures, vanity, mirror frame and enamel bits should provide a nice contrast. The shower curtain is already white, covered with words in black script (relax, invigorate, etc).

I think it will work, but will take ideas in the comments (and serious offers to come help paint).

3 comments:

Katharine said...

That sounds beautiful! I love the colour! I'd offer to help paint, but I'm too far away and honestly, I'm not too good at that kind of painting! I could bring you coffee though!lol Have a wonderful weekend!

Michelle said...

I think I'm a bit far to come help you paint, but it does sound nice. Your bathroom wall color changes depending on the time of day (we have a sky light). Sometimes it looks grey, other times it looks blue

Joyce said...

I thought maybe you were going to use that week to come over here and help me with some boxes over here. We've been here 4 years, you'd think we wouldn't have any. :p They're actually stuff that people (i.e. my sister who comes over to our house shocked that we have 'so much stuff!' :p) have given us and need to find a home for. Anyhow, it's funny how some tasks only take a few minutes but seem to take forever because we dread doing them. I'm glad you got that done though or else it'll nag at you.