Friday, September 24, 2010

Off track

Sigh.  I ordered a fairly high-ticket item from Amazon, with guaranteed delivery for today.  I've been watching the tracking information carefully, and I'm a little bit confused.  It apparently takes more than eight hours to get from Chicago to Milwaukee, going in the opposite direction from rush hour traffic (the two cities are ninety miles apart).

The package was transferred from Oak Creek to the Elm Grove Center (a cross town trip that took fourteen hours), but after this is where things go awry.  At 7:04 a.m., it was checked into Elm Grove, and immediately checked out for delivery.  At 7:17 a.m., it was checked back IN to Elm Grove.  And there it sits.  Did I mention I have plans this evening?

Unfortunately, I've had dealings with this UPS center before, *dealings that lead me to deeply distrust whatever they tell me.  My gut feeling is that they messed something up when they checked it in to begin with, then tried to correct it, and in the process, never got it on the truck.

I'm off to read the fine print on the Amazon Prime agreement, to see what, if anything, they will do for me when UPS loses it misses the delivery deadline.

*(The previous dealings involved an ottoman, shipped from the manufacturer, that Elm Grove managed to lose once it got to their facility.  How the heck do you lose an ottoman?)

No comments: