Saturday, September 25, 2010

A cup of cocoa and sweet dreams

Yikes. I've been at it since five this morning.  First up, blanch the broccoli bought Monday.  That was about five-thirty.  Make a veggie omelet for breakfast, and by seven I was hacking away at a stubborn pie pumpkin for the post below.  Made the puree, then started in on the soup.  I know I've washed at least three batches of dishes (and the dinner plate and casserole dish are still sitting there).  It feels as if all I've done is cook.

But the broccoli, soup and extra pumpkin are in the freezer, and the extra garlic chicken from dinner in the refrigerator for tomorrow or Monday.  A green pepper is cut into strips for snacks, the eggs are hard boiled  and the pumpkin seeds roasted.  I feel remarkably provisioned.

In between, there was napping; not much, but enough to keep me going.  And creating a Flickr account to upload the pumpkin photos.  And some uninstalling of bloatware and unwanted programs on the new notebook computer. Now, however, I'm out of steam.  A cup of hot chocolate, then bed sounds about right.

No comments: