Thursday, July 15, 2010

De- caffeinated, redux

After Tuesday's coffee adventures, it seemed prudent to pick up coffee at a drive through somewhere on the way to work rather than (attempt to) make my own.  Wednesday went just fine.  Today?  Not so much.

Last night I was forced to park much further from home than usual, as the landlords had company, and their own daughter also parked her car immediately in front of the house.  That wasn't really a problem, until I opened the front door to leave this morning and realized that not only had it rained heavily overnight, it was still raining heavily.  My umbrella?  In the car.

Dashed through the puddles and showers to the car, and headed off to find the blessed liquid of life.  More water in the car as the rain came down sideways while I ordered.  Pulled up to pick up the coffee...and the clerk misjudged the distance to the window as well as the low height of my car.  Coffee cup collided with the door frame, sending coffee down the inside of the door...and down my shirt.

It's a darn good thing I was half an hour early.  Back home to change from the skin out (by the time I got home, the large quantity of coffee had soaked that far through).  Grab paper towel to wipe down the car door and coffee cup, so I don't simply stain the new clothes.  Drive to work in the pouring rain.

Juggle work bag, purse, umbrella and key card as I get out of the car.  Hands full.

Had to leave the blasted cup of coffee in the car.

No comments: