Monday, July 26, 2010

The Cat's away

The cat's absence makes it much easier for the mouse to put things in the garbage - and have a reasonable assurance they will stay there.  It's just a little bit pathetic that I save up broken small appliances and other things to throw out when my landlord is out of town.  If he didn't have a wife and daughter, he'd be one of those people discovered dead under a pile of junk in a house filled with towers of stuff accumulated just because "it may come in handy some day", broken or not.

So far today, I've done a lap around the basement area, tossing old paint drop cloths (the cheap kind that really aren't meant to be reused, except I'm a very neat painter who rarely drips), some odds and ends I won't be needing again and a couple of old, very ugly flowerpots.

I just hauled a huge sterlite container of clothes to the car to take to Goodwill after my eye appointment this afternoon (contact lens check - no dilating the eyes!).  A bunch of stuff has been in the trunk for the last month waiting for me to add this container of clothes to it so it would only take one trip - it's about time I finally followed through.

If I were more focused (and less hot and humid) I'd vacuum the basement, or go through the buffet drawers, or...something more.  Instead, I'm going to have lunch and watch the news.  Much better plan.

No comments: