Friday, June 11, 2010

Company girls coffee 061110

Take two. Blogger sometimes doesn't like the coffee graphic; it ate my previous post, so I'm not risking the graphic again. Come in, grab an iced coffee (supposed to be hot and humid the next few days) and I'll see if I can remember what I said.

I was wrong; the Blue Angels did practice on Thursday as well as Friday, to the distress of the flocks of birds who live in the river valley over which the planes were doing some of their turns. How can you tell the birds are distressed? They show their agitation all over the cars in our parking lot. The whole city is going to the birds - the parking lot above Miller Park was full of seagulls competing for the scraps left from the tailgate parties before the afternoon Brewers/Cubs game.

The to-do list for the weekend is slowly forming. No major projects, just lots of little, fun stuff. Picking up fabric for the bottom and lining of a purse/tote that will be made from a stack of silk noil squares bought at the Art Museum several years ago. Finding out if I can get a copy of a particular book locally, or if I need to order it. Seeing if a couple of friends are free for coffee/soda. Sewing down the binding on the second quilt I machine quilted last week. Maybe meeting a friend's puppy for the first time. Nothing major, nothing requiring great effort. Gotta love those kinds of weekends.

I'll leave you with today's verses of the day:

My son, do not forget my teaching,but let your heart keep my commandments, for length of days and years of life and peace they will add to you.

Proverbs 3:1 - 2

No comments: