Saturday, May 15, 2010

This, that and some of the other thing

So - the day after the successful completion of a five month, stressful project at work, what do I wake up with a burning desire to do?

Clean.

Um, yeah. And not just any old cleaning; the up high, down low, scrub all around cleaning. It probably has nothing to do with the nightmare I had this morning about green iridescent slime oozing out of the heat vent under the cabinet in the kitchen, which spread and then came alive just before I woke up. There is no slime; I checked when I cleaned under there this morning.

The day hasn't been all scrubbing bubbles; I met a dear friend for lunch at the Machine Shed. Both conversation and food were wonderful. As a bonus, I walked away with a bagful of borrowed movies to devour while I quilt through my vacation in a few weeks. The rest of the afternoon has been spent continuing the Great Recipe Reload.

Now there's a cranberry/pomegranate candle burning on the polished stove, a bunch of left over pizza in the refrigerator for dinner, a decent chardonnay to go with it (eh, so it's white instead of red; sue me) and Blockbuster's offering of The Taking of Pelham 1-2-3 to watch. Loved the book years ago; even if the movie is lousy, it's always nice to watch Denzel.

All of the up-and-down the stepstool took it's toll - I'm ready to go relax. Church tomorrow, along with laundry and more cleaning; just maybe, I'll bake a batch of Pioneer Woman's cinnamon rolls as well, if I have enough supplies (don't worry, I'm only making a 1/3 batch, which should still yield 14 - 16 rolls. The plan is to bake them in two pans and freeze one batch...unless fifteen of you show up at my door tomorrow afternoon, in which case I'll bake them all.)

No comments: