Saturday, February 27, 2010

Anticipation

Yesterday, I called the salon to let them know I'd be a bit late for my appointment.

What's more important than a hair appointment? Scoring tickets to the Third Day concert at the State Fair. It may seem a bit early to be making plans for August, but the tickets were to go on sale at 9 a.m. today.

Well, the State lied (big surprise). When I went out to check out the site at 8:37, the ticket selling function was up and running. No fool, I ordered immediately, getting second row center seats. Five minutes later, almost all the trackside seats were sold.

Third Day is a Christian rock band (that's not an oxymoron). You may be familiar with some of the calmer stuff they play on the radio, like God of Wonders (which we even use in church)(stupid Blogger won't let me upload vids, at least not in a hurry). A personal favorite is These Thousand Hills. I Got A Feeling is more typical of what's on their CDs.

Five months isn't all that long to wait.

No comments: