Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Old man winter needs to work on his timing

When I left a comment on Robbo's blog saying I liked pretty pictures of snow - as long as they weren't taken out my own front door, I knew it was a risk. The odds were that we would have at least one more large snowstorm in our area this winter. I just didn't expect it to come so soon.

The forecast is for 9 to 14 inches, depending on where you live. Thanks to Lake Michigan and a stiff east wind, the "lake effect" extra inches will extend well inland, giving my area the higher totals.

The problem is the rate of fall. About 4 - 4 1/2 inches fell overnight; not enough to close the schools or the University. About the same is expected during the day today; not enough, most likely, to send us home early. Overnight another 4+ inches could fall; it will probably be cleaned up by morning, not serious enough to keep us home.

Fourteen inches of snow, but no snow day.

Bummer.

No comments: