Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Holi-dazed

The Holidailies program isn’t officially running this year, but that doesn’t mean you are safe from the daily-during-December blathering I’ve posted the last two years. I’ve found that being compelled to post something every day actually sharpens my thinking (or, more accurately, forces me to think) and improves my writing.
That’s my story, anyway.

From now until the end of December I’m planning on putting up a post (almost) every day. I reserve the right to count an occasional meme or quiz as a legitimate post, but promise not to do so unless the inkwell of inspiration is bone dry and the route to the store impassable due to a huge writer’s block.

Based on past experience, some posts will be profound, others profoundly silly. The point is to make a habit of writing daily (even if I cheat and write several days’ posts at once). Feel free to visit every day, or stop in at the end of the week to catch up. By all means, make your voice heard in the comments; encouragement is the best gift you can give.

No comments: