Monday, November 02, 2009

Milestone/contest

According to Sitemeter, I passed 20,000 visits today, but rather more significantly, am only a handful of views away from 40,000 page views. Not bad for a bunch of blathering.

While I know who the 20,000th visitor was (welcome, whoever you are from Villanova! Always nice to see a visitor from another private university), my stats won't tell me who will have the 40,000th page view.

While I can make a good guess at who some of the visitors are from the location/ISP/referring URL information on the counter, there are a few regular viewers I can't figure out. It doesn't seem as if you are leaving comments, either. So...

I'd like you to tell me about yourself. Leave a comment, even if it is only "Hi there! I'm the anonymous daily visitor who uses IE and Road Runner based in Kenosha!"

To bribe you into complying sweeten the pot, anyone who leaves contact info (valid e-mail addy) in their comment will be entered in a random number drawing for ... something.

Hey, much like the blog itself, I'm making this up as I go.

A batch of cookies. A be-ribboned notebook. A candle mat. A couple of hours of babysitting, if you are fairly local. We can enter final negotiations after you win.

Everyone - real life friends and regular visitors - is encouraged to enter. I'll do the drawing sometime over the weekend, so all comments must be posted by 11:59 p.m. on Friday, November 6th.

No comments: