Monday, July 27, 2009

Monday miscellany

  • Was in bed - and mostly asleep - by 8:30 p.m. every weekend night. Why yes, I lead a spectacularly boring life. But it sure made a difference in my attitude.
  • My right index finger's print is now in some computer system, somewhere. Friday night I stopped at a local jeweler to sell a small cache of rarely worn pieces, and as part of the process they required a fingerprint. I felt quite the felon, even though I'm the most law abiding person anyone could know.
  • I'm up to date on the read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year plan, but can't seem to find the time to put together any Quiet time files posts. I hesitate to put up my journaling unedited; even I'm not always sure what exactly I was getting at when I go back to read old pages. Maybe I'll get one or two up by week's end. We're in the prophets, primarily, and just this week went through some of my favorite chapters in all of Scripture - Isaiah 40 - 43.
  • Saturday morning I woke up with extreme muscle cramping in my lower left back. No idea what I did, but it was incredibly painful during the act of rising from sitting or while standing for any period of time. This went on all day, then continued Sunday. This morning, it's gone. Poof. Except for a little contact tenderness in the affected area, I'm fine. Weird.
  • By 8:23 this morning, I'd already rerun a schedule, met with my boss, an associate VP and the big VP and presented the changes to them (at less than five minutes notice, mind you, as my boss poked his head in my office and said, "We can go meet with Big Boss now, and I'm going to let you explain the changes."). Can I go home now?
  • Short week - off on Friday for hair appointment and some destressing before Holly and Chad's wedding weekend events. It's also payday, so there are the usual errands to run. While I really do like getting paid monthly (after more than twelve years, I should), it does rather compress the errands, as I prefer to get them all out of the way right away. Target run for paper stuff, big grocery run, prescription refills, minor other things...all takes time.

No comments: