Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Irritated

With people who can't make up their minds, with drivers who tailgate when you are already ten over the speed limit, with direct reports who persist in doing things you've specifically asked them not to do ( and more than once, at that), with people who think I'm responsible for solving the problems they've created for themselves, at stupid new pantyhose, at roads whose potholes make an adolescent's acne-infested face look like polished marble, at the whole idea of having to get out of bed this morning.

The cure is to take my bag and myself to a quiet coffee shop and immerse myself in the Word - spend some time settling my mind and focusing on the eternally important rather than the fleeting and feeble.

A long nap would help, too.

Neither of those is going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Heavenly Father - Please help me not to kill anyone today, whether figuratively or literally. Focus my attention on the correct priorities. Help me to communicate with grace and truth, no matter how much effort it takes. Grant me the focus to accomplish what is needed today, and the uninterrupted time to do so.
In Jesus' name, Amen

No comments: