Friday, January 18, 2008

Week's End - 1/18/08 edition

Courtesy of Dr. Martin Luther King, this is a three day weekend. That fact drifted in and out of my consciousness all week, not coming to full understanding until the e-mail announcement came out this afternoon stating that, as it was the day before a holiday, we could leave an hour early.

I was out of the office thirty-five minutes later.

Plan? Quilt. Quilt again. Quilt some more. Mr. Cold Front is on his way, bringing friend Wind Chill along for the ride. Sitting under a twin size quilt as I machine quilt it is much more appealing this time of year than in July.

In spite of the cold (a high - high - of 4 degrees tomorrow) I need to be out a bit in the morning. Due to a Blockbuster snafu, I was left hanging at the end of the council of Elrond (LOTR - TFOTR) with Merry asking "Where are we going?" and no disk two. I do, however, have the all-bonus-material disk for that movie, along with TTT and ROTK. Sigh. I can turn in the bonus disk at the store and get a complete, non-extended edition FOTR. A stop at the grocery is in order as well; cornish hen is the plan for dinner, and carrots are needed.

Once those two things are accomplished, I can barricade myself in the office and sew. A few years ago, the landlord rerouted a few of the heat ducts for this place; as a result, the office is the warmest room in the house. Well, aside from the bathroom, but I can't set up the sewing machine in there.

Off now to make peanut butter kiss cookies (cookie mix and pre-unwrapped kisses; can't be any easier than that) for snacks.

No comments: