Monday, January 07, 2008

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho*

It's back to work I go. Signs this may not have been a good idea:
  • As I stood staring blankly at the electronic door lock, I realized I needed to call a co-worker, because I couldn't remember the code.

  • After trying (and failing) to log into my computer four times, I finally glanced up and realized that someone else had used my machine in the last two weeks, and I had to change the user name back to my own (as someone here said, at least I didn't call the help desk!).

  • I remembered to change my voicemail message right away, but forgot about the e-mail out of office message until about eleven.

  • It didn't occur to me (neither had I noticed) to look at my hutch, to see if the Bubrick's elves had come to install the upper cabinet doors, until sometime in the mid-afternoon. What can I say, I was focused on getting some work done. And no, they have not finished the furniture install that began in late September.

*Heh - from dictionary.com, the actual definition of this phrase:


heigh-ho /ˈhaɪˈhoʊ, ˈheɪ-/


–interjection
(an exclamation of surprise, exultation, melancholy, boredom, or weariness.)


Italics mine.

No comments: