Saturday, January 12, 2008

Bits and pieces 11208

J called last night to set up a meet at Panera this morning...I was a little surprised when her husband showed up with her, but the surprise changed to suspicion when she asked him to get her a glass of skim milk with her bear claw. Sure enough, they are expecting a baby! Congratulations to them both.

If the sea of green and gold attire on the folks at Panera didn't clue me in, the hordes of people buying munchies at the grocery store would have: the Packers play the Seahawks at Lambeau today, kickoff at 3:30 p.m. The streets are already eerily quiet.

Oh - and Marquette is in the process of blowing out Notre Dame, 84-54 at this point in the second half.

"Winning" - the classic 1969 Paul Newman racing film - showed up from my Blockbuster queue. I'd never seen it. The opening shots take place on a natural terrain race course. After the cars took a couple of corners, I realized the track looked an awful lot like Road America. While the grounds have changed quite a bit even in the twelve years or so I've been going up there, the track itself has not.

Well, darn, I'm good. A couple of minutes in, there's a rear-facing shot of Newman's car, and you can see the Road America sign on what is now the Toyota-sponsored bridge at the top of the hill after turn six. The times I've seen Newman at RA were when he was there as a team owner, never a driver.

Some quilting is getting done today, slowly but surely. I'm trying to get rummage sale quilts done, but they bore me to pieces. Maybe I'll do a quick mini later today just to put some fun back in it.

"Real" posts percolating at the back of my mind... for later.

No comments: