Tuesday, August 21, 2007

A welcome sight

I turned west to the approach to our building, looked up, and spotted a flock of geese flying north. Not just five or six - truly a flock. Assuming the geese know what they are doing (and this is a test flight, not a bunch of confused wandering), I'm hoping this is a sign of cooler weather to come. Autumn is a wonderful time around here, all the way up until Christmas. Sunny, warm days and crisp nights, apple harvests, hay rides, sweatshirts and football games.

But first we have to get through the overcast, rainy, humid and hot forecast for this week. Sigh. My bath towels have not completely dried in a month, and I've had to demold the shower liner twice (I'm a mold wimp - as soon as the liner even shows soap scum, it gets blasted with Tilex or whatever was on sale - I use a clear liner especially so it shows up).

Hopefully, the geese are more in tune with what's coming than the weather forecasters.

No comments: