Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The meltdown, she's a-comin'

Our friendly neighborhood maintenance man breezed through the office this afternoon, adjusting all of the thermostats to 72 degrees, per University policy.

This is going to be bad, very bad.

True, the thermostat in my office was set to 68, but it is set at 68 year round. Yes; my personal internal thermostat runs high. Add being almost of a certain age, well...take my word for it, a warm office is not a good thing. Besides, if it is warm, my mental processes slow down, less work gets done, and what does get done is less accurate.

It has been two hours, and it is noticably warmer in here.

I suppose I could quilt a little cover for the thermostat, and fool it into thinking it's a lot warmer in here than 72...alternatively, I can wait a couple of days, break out my hex wrench set, loosen the cover and lower the temp a couple of degrees.

This is war.

No comments: