Sunday, September 09, 2018

I'm so dizzy, my head is spinnin'...

Rather literally. Spinning.

Though actually, it is much better today.

One of the disadvantages of having both generally unhappy sinuses and seasonal hayfever is the tendency for fluid to back up into my ears.  There isn't any obvious sign that it is happening - no pressure, no particular feeling that says "beware the backup!".

In other words, no notice before I'm dizzily reeling across the room like a sailor at the end of a three day shore leave.

Sigh. I woke up early Saturday morning for my usual middle-of-the-night trip to the loo, and found that I was more than a little dizzy. Figuring it would pass, I took care of business and went back to bed.

I really should stop being an optimist.

It was worse when I got up for the day - I zigzagged across the bedroom, aiming for the bathroom and the tube of Dramamine pills in the medicine cabinet. This is not my first round of fluid-filled ears; my doctor had recommended using Dramamine to dry up the fluid and restore stability to my world. It actually does work, though this time it took multiple doses all the way through this morning. I still feel a sheet or so into the wind, so to speak.

The world-rocking put paid to my plans for the last couple of days of vacation. I'll manage to make lunches for next week and cook something for dinner that will give leftovers for the next few nights, but that will be about it.

Eh, what are vacations for if not for resting?

No comments: