Friday, September 18, 2015

Not much of anything

While attempting to write a post about how annoyed I am, by people in general and in particular, and stupid events in the news, IE decided to loose its mind. Half a dozen times. As it has been prone to do over the last month or so.

Virus protection runs every night. The sneaky part of my mind wonders if Microsoft rolled out an "update" that planted a bug, since they are very close to the release of their new browser (or was it bundled in with the free upgrade to Windows 10? You know - the upgrade I won't install because my digital camera manufacturer sent me an email telling me my camera's software may not be compatible with Windows 10, and the solution is to (drumroll, please) buy a new camera!).

So yes, I apparently put on my crabby pants this morning. I think I hit that section of the wardrobe (I try to keep the crabby pants, whiney shirts and crazy boots way back in the dark corner of the closet - out of sight, out of mind) because I'm not feeling well. Unhappy tummy, headache, earache and sore arm. The last is my own fault, the first two the side effects of a medication that is supposed to be "helping" me.

It will be a low key weekend. Lots of inside, at home stuff to do. More sewing, making a pot or two of soup, lots of naps and a bit of fussing with the autumn crap décor, which still isn't put out. It's time to thin out that herd, as not everything works in the condo the way it did in the flat, and simply don't have as many flat surfaces to hold decorations anymore.

I did, however, break down and get two new pieces for this year. One is a silk flower hanging thing (not a wreath, but long and sort of triangular...there's a particular name for it that I can't recall right now-not a swag since it hangs vertically) with pretty fall colored sunflowers, leaves and berries that will go on the outside of the front door (I keep forgetting that there is a hook that is part of the door; the painters painted it the same color as the door and you have to look closely to see it).

The second piece is a six inch pillar candle, vanilla scented. The plan is to do something with an upended cake dome, the fall leaf garland and the candle for the dining room table. Eh, we'll see. I still want to take the extra leaf out of the table. If you recall, I tried to shrink the table for the dessert event for the neighbors, but couldn't get it to go together. Some more time is needed to putz with it.

What are your plans for the weekend?

No comments: