Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Going for it

Why not?

Looks a lot like me when I was that age.
I'll probably spend much of Saturday with my nose in a book, anyway, so why not make it official?

You can read about the readathon here. I've known about it for several years, but always seemed to forget about it until the last minute, and have had other plans. This is the last weekend of my vacation week; truly, I can't think of many better ways to spend it than with my nose in a book.

Throughout the day I'll post mini updates here - feel free to comment or cheer me on. Much shorter, spur of the moment updates will go on twitter (@quiltbabe).

Right now, my main goal is to finish several books I've been poking away at for quite some time. Randy Alcorn's Money, Possessions and Eternity, as well as Help for Women Under Stress. The second short book on radical simplicity. A Mind to Murder by P. D. James.

A couple of days ago I picked up the Game of Thrones set - all five books. I'm about halfway through the first book already. I fear this may be my main reading; it's easy to get lost in another world.

The plan is to go to Panera or Starbucks for the first few hours. The readathon starts at 7 a.m. my time, the perfect time to go get coffee and a light breakfast. At home, there are at least four different cozy places to read. I may try a coffeeshop later in the day, as well.

If you need me, I'll be the one with a Kindle, a laptop or even an actual book in front of my face.

2 comments:

melissa said...

Hey chicka... wanted to cheer you on. I don't want to get up to read at 7am, so will pass. :) I never could read in the mornings...not sur what's up with that. Will be fun to read your updates, though.

Leann said...

Oooo....I love PD James! I am just hopping around now to check out posts. Everytime I would sit down to do it earlier the family would need me. LOL It is quieter in the house now. :)