Monday, July 01, 2013

This is sooooo not a joke

Included in the mail today was a booklet/flyer from a regional sewing/quilting/embroidery shop. In addition to the extensive on-line shop, they have a large retail shop which offers classes. Sounds great, doesn't it?

I may, however, never do business with them again.

On the back of the booklet is a special ad: 10% off your purchase, plus a free gift, during their Day After Thanksgiving sale. The ad mentions the actual date - November 29, 2013.

This reminds me - the JCP Christmas catalogue should be out soon. I need a new Christmas tree, so I'd better start shopping soon or they will be sold out. Too bad I used the drive through rather than going into Walgreen today; I'm sure they already have the holiday candy displayed.

Geez.

Apparently, no one feels the need to wait until after the 4th of July to begin holiday advertising anymore.

Well, look at the bright side: at this rate, it will only be another three or four years before the advertising starts on an appropriate date again.

No comments: