Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Music to my (fully covered by a knit cap) ears

"Frost possible inland tonight."

Granted, I'm not far enough inland that I'm in the frost zone, but just hearing the words makes me happy. Tonight's low is supposed to be the lowest overnight temperature since mid-May. If the forecast holds, Saturday's high will only be 58 degrees. Yay, fall!

Which reminds me, it's time to call someone to come and give the fireplace a once-over. Truthfully, what I need is an estimate on converting the current money-burner into a high-efficiency heat exchanger. The ceramic rock on which the pretty fake logs sit does eventually heat up enough to radiate some warmth into the room, provided of course that you are sitting directly on the hearth, close enough to the flames to be in danger of singeing your hair.

It may also be time to mosey over to the college gift shop and peruse the sweatshirts. The softest, most comfortable hooded sweatshirt I own was purchased there; sweatshirts are the only things for which I'd pay the exhorbitant price the gift shop charges.

New grocery list: apple cider, hot chocolate, baking pumpkin, squash, pork roast.

1 comment:

Janis Gore said...

Vermont Country Store has a great selection of misses' sweatshirts.