Friday, March 30, 2012

Company Girls Coffee 033012

Good morning! I haven't had my coffee yet, so if this is a bit disjointed, that's the cause. Decided to post this before I go to work, with the rain pounding on the roof above me (big thunderstorm, the first one since I've moved in - all the sounds are different in a high-ceiling condo versus a first floor flat!).

In a month, I've unpacked exactly three (3) boxes in the sewing room, which was supposed to be my March project. Bronchitis took over my life the first week of the month, and I still haven't completely recovered. Kind of saps the energy. Project unfinished, but I can live with that.

On the other hand, in spite of being sick as a dog that entire first week and first two weekends, I've managed to have three different sets of people over for meals and fun this month. I'd call that a win. And a lot of fun.

Great deals are irresistible. If the tracking is to be believed (and I don't think it is - how can you get to Milwaukee AND make a delivery if you start from Louisville at 4:41 a.m.?) a refurbished Kindle Fire should be delivered to my doorstep late today. Hi, my name is Diane and I'm a device junkie...

Fairly quiet weekend ahead. Possible fish fry tonight, a worship event at church tomorrow night. Sunday afternoon I'd like to bake the lemon loaf that is the baking challenge for 4/17. When I finally realized I could bake the dishes for the challenge ahead of time, and simply not post until the assigned day, it really freed me up. The dish being posted next Tuesday was baked last Sunday.

That's about it from this corner of the world. How are things with you?

No comments: