Friday, June 25, 2010

Company Girls Coffee 062510


Good morning, ladies! Today is a good morning for lemonade, rather than coffee - it's warm out there already.

This week was pretty quiet. On Monday I had coffee with a cousin I'd not talked to in quite a while - it was absolutely delightful, and God is doing incredible things in her life. Later that day it was time for the annual eye appointment; having your eyes dilated on a sunny summer day isn't pleasant, but necessary when you're as nearsighted as I.

A bit of sprucing up in here and some cookie prep work rounded out the evenings this week. The cookies are from The Pioneer Woman's Cookbook, a slice-and-bake oatmeal cookie. You're supposed to form the dough into long logs and wrap in waxed paper, then chill or freeze before slicing to bake...it was so warm in the kitchen, I had to chill the dough some before I could form the log. But there are two logs of oatmeal-pecan goodness in the freezer now. Maybe if I get up really early Saturday, I can bake some before the kitchen heats up again!

No huge plans for the weekend, other than finding ways to stay out of the heat. That generally means a lot of time in coffeeshops and at the library, primarily reading and writing. Hee - being "forced" to read for hours - have to love that! Several of my favorite authors have new books out - Elizabeth Peters and Janet Evanovich both have new ones, and I realized I'm several books behind on Jennifer Chiaverinni's Elm Creek Quilters series. Time for some light summer reads!

If you need me during the next few days, I'll be the one hiding behind a book, with a large iced latte by my side.

No comments: