Thursday, February 18, 2010

That kind of day

Pardon the bad cell phone picture. This is a huge latte mug; it lives at work, doing lunchtime duty as a soup, chili and meatball bowl. Today, however, it's half full of coffee. Can't seem to get the brain fired up, in spite of a really good night's sleep.

Sunrise this morning was glorious; by the time I got on the freeway, the sky overhead was almost blue, but the buildings to east still hid the just-risen sun, leaving a rosy-orange cresent above their rooftops. Blue and orange are complimentary colors, and work best in a 2/3-1/3 proportion, if memory serves (my arty friends, let me know if I'm way off base here). Oddly enough, the morning sky, at least at the moment I was looking, held just those proportions. The Master Painter sure knows what He is doing. Made me want to go home and quilt.

That, however is not an option. In spite of this Saturday being a craft day, I doubt I'll do much then either. It's a bit rude to invite people over to craft and talk, then hide yourself in another room to machine quilt. Aside from the sewing machine repair, I'd like to assemble and iron the backing for Holly and Chad's wedding quilt...they've been very patient. As have the other two couples still waiting for their quilts.

Urg. The office coffee is generally a 3 on a scale of 10; using a bigger mug just reinforces that opinion. While all of the academic buildings have coffee shops, our vendor has yet to show any interest in extending those outlets to the solely administrative buildings. They are missing out on a lot of business, that's for sure!

No comments: