Friday, January 01, 2010

In with the new

The first day of 2010 is almost in the bag. Or rather I'm almost there...funny how coming home at 1:30 and getting seven hours of sleep this year has me feeling more tired than last year's home at 4:30 and getting five hours...

Quiet day. Sleep late, put together chili to simmer most of the day, did a bit of laundry, some organizing and a little housework. Watched a movie; about to start another.

Resolutions are written, being transferred to the journal. The new quiet time journal is almost set; simpler this year, with a much less ambitious reading plan. The chronological read-through link will stay on my sidebar, if anyone is interested. This year, I'm taking a chapter at a time through the New Testament, with side trips through Psalms and Proverbs.

In an effort to simplify (and make cooking more fun), I've finally decided to ditch the Pampered Chef cookware set that is starting to die and replace it with a small Le Creuset set (very small). Keeping the small cast iron skillet I use now and adding a larger one as well will give me all the functionality of what I currently have, but with one less piece. Just for fun (a theme for 2010) I've added a 9 x 9 baking dish (which came with a bonus smaller dish). The cookware is cobalt blue, the baking pieces caribbean (a lighter turquoise). Here's to happy cooking!

Considering other changes for the new year, but not sure which, or when they will start. More than likely I'll still be babbling here, so watch this space for updates.

Off to pour a glass of Pinot Grigio, which will most likely end my day. Happy 2010!

No comments: