Saturday, December 05, 2009

Thin and crispy

Last Saturday I took out the ingredients (except the eggs) for chocolate chip cookies; tonight, I baked them.

As I've said before, I'm not much of a baker, but classic tollhouse cookies are on the short list of things that turn out well for me. I have a tendency to under bake things a bit; as a result, my cookies are usually soft and chewy.

Tonight, however, the fragrant disks of chocolate chipper goodness came out of the oven rather thin and crispy. Not crispy as in burned - rather, crispier than my usual results. I think I may have finally baked them to the correct degree of doneness.

One little error, though, did mar the evening's baking. While washing the spatula (cookies baked AND all the dishes done - aren't you impressed?), I (once again, for this is not the first time by any means) cut my thumb on the sharp edge. A cut at exactly the point where my thumb routinely hits the spacebar on the keyboard.

Nothing another cookie won't cure.

No comments: