Saturday, December 26, 2009

Monday Saturday

Am I the only one who woke up this morning with an overwhelming conviction that it is Monday? My first thought was, "Ha! Most schmucks have to go back to work, but I have another week of vacation!".

Then I remembered it was only Saturday, and my second thought was, "Ha! Most schmucks only have the rest of the weekend off, but I have another week of vacation!".

I'm sure God will strike me down somehow for gloating.

Conversation last night with friend:

BFF: I'm not sure if I'll be able to leave for Oklahoma first thing tomorrow; it depends on when the blizzard gets here.

Me: !!??!?! Blizzard?!

BFF: The radio said there is a blizzard moving in - they've known about it all week.

Me: !!!??!?!@@!!! I haven't heard a word about it, but I haven't watched the news or listened to the weather all week.

It's a good thing BFF is not a meteorologist. The blizzard does, in fact, exist, just not for this area of Wisconsin. Whew. Still, after a morning at Panera, about an inch of "flurries" needed to be removed from the car.

This afternoon will be a flurry of things domestic, namely, the clearing/rearranging of what passes for a bedroom closet. I was sure I'd posted pictures at one time, but cannot find them. This would be the under-the-stairs area (nicely plastered, painted and carpeted) that opens directly to the bedroom. It is the current home of:

A dresser
A 36" quilting hoop on a stand
Five (empty) stacked up big sterlite bins
Three extra full size bed pillows
A full set of (nested inside each other) luggage
A 16" fan on a stand
Two laundry baskets (empty and full)
The humidifier
The two exercise steps
Extra blankets
Several extra purses
The 35 mm point and shoot
Two largish racks of clothes

Believe it or not, there is still room to walk, and I know there's more stuff in there I've forgotten about. At any rate, while it is tolerably neat, I'd like to go through, tidy up and pull out what isn't being used/worn to take to Goodwill.

All in all, a profitable and easy way to spend a Monday Saturday afternoon.

No comments: