Thursday, October 29, 2009

Thursday already?

Honestly, this is one of the fastest weeks on record, other than any time I'm on vacation. Then again, I've not been home much the last three evenings, which may be why the week seems to have flown.

Last night I spent some time with friends, and their fourteen month old charmer of a daughter. Not only is she adorable, with curly light brown hair and sparkling almost-green eyes, she is developing a delightful, outgoing personality. Dad is going to have to keep a shotgun near the door when she is a teenager...

The study went well Tuesday - round up of the first twelve verses of chapter one will be up sometime soon, though probably not tonight. Amazing how relevant and timely the subject matter of 1 Peter is.

The great fall set back is this weekend, apparently. While I appreciate that it will be lighter in the morning on the way to work, I'm not looking forward to this as much as I usually do. For the last several weeks I've regularly woken up around four a.m. With the time change - well, you do the math. I may be falling asleep into my dinner until I am fully adjusted.

The Packer game - the second game against the Vikings - is the late game this weekend, with a 3:15 kick off. I can't decide whether I want to finish my Christmas gift list (not as ambitious as it sounds, as the list is ridiculously small) and go shopping during the game, or take myself out to the bookstore for that time. Either way, it's always a nice time to be out and about, as the streets and stores are deserted. Most of Wisconsin takes the Packers very seriously indeed.

No comments: