Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Can I get an oil change with that?

When I picked up my contacts last week, they asked me to make a follow up appointment for a quick check of my vision once my eyes adjusted. The appointment was duly scheduled for 3:30 today. What I had forgotten at the time was that I already had a dental appointment for seven a.m. the same day.

Should have set something up with the regular doctor for the time in between, going for the medical care trifecta.

The teeth are, as always, perfect. I did ask what, if any, changes I should expect now that I'm on the downward side of the half-century mark; it was reassuring to hear that if I keep doing what I'm doing, I'll be one of those ninety year old women with a full set of her own teeth.

In other news -

I mailed two out of state packages at 11 a.m. Saturday, which arrived at their destinations on Monday. The order I placed with CBD on Thursday, with extra payment for two-day shipping (it was shipped before noon on Thursday) did not get to me until Monday. UPS needs to take lessons from the USPS.

Not only did CBD send me my order, they sent me a second box with a complete stranger's order. We're working on fixing that.

My niece had a birthday Friday; she is now exactly half my age.

As a treat after the dentist (and because I needed change from a large bill) I stopped and bought a McDonald's latte for the first time (yay for staining just cleaned teeth!). The verdict? Eh. A little too much of the caramel syrup, so it was a bit sweet for my tastes. Still, it's about $0.75 less than a comparable sized latte from Starbucks.

Do you have any idea how annoying it is for a Finance professional not to have a cents sign key on the keyboard?

No comments: