Friday, November 07, 2008

Random Friday stuff

I've been using Bare Escentuals cosmetics for the last two years. My pet peeve is that the name of the color of whatever is on the bottom of the little pots in print so tiny you can barely read it with a magnifying glass. So I spent half an hour last night putting labels on the top of the containers. What I failed to consider was my inability to read my own handwriting without reading glasses at 5:30 a.m.

Forget nickels and dimes - let's do things by the half-cent! It's bad enough the idiot ill-advised voters of Milwaukee passed the non-binding referendum that may triple the county sales tax, now the Regional Transit Authority is proposing an additional half cent increase in the county sales tax. I'm not clear on how this will work - it's tied to a 16 year old, $91 million federal grant. What I do know is that based on the counties on which they intend to levy the tax, the funds will be used to improve our transit to and from Chicago. Huh?

Seventy-three degrees last Monday; possible measurable accumulation of snow on grassy areas overnight tonight. I love Wisconsin.

Craft day with a pal tomorrow. Abandoning all my current works in progress and opting to make a couple of small pencil-case size zippered bags is an appealing idea. I've rethought how I throw things willy-nilly into organize my purse, and if I make the bags, rather than buying them, I can use exactly the fabric I'd like.

Anniversary party Sunday. It's not often these days that a couple survives forty years together.

Last Sunday night another young friend called me to tell me she is engaged. That makes four this year. All four weddings are in the same nine-month span next year, two of them within two weeks of each other. Since three of the four young ladies called me (or came over!) within twenty-four hours of saying "Yes", I'm assuming I'll be invited to the weddings. While I'm excited for all of them, my wallet would be happier if they had spaced things out a bit. It's that time of life, I suppose.

If it does snow, I can start using my winter dishes. Yay!

Can you tell I've not had any coffee yet today? I need to go remedy that.

No comments: