Friday, November 28, 2008

Peri-menopausal moment, memory edition

I have a small black notebook in which I write the scripture verses I'm working on memorizing. Usually, it sits on my desk near the computer, so I can read through the verses several times each time I sit down here. A week or so ago, in my frenzied cleaning of the sewing room, I put it somewhere, thinking, "Well this is kind of strange, but at least I'll remember where I put it."

Yes, I've lost my memory aid for my memory verses. Stop laughing.

I have one two more places to look, and then I'll just start another one. The verses I've already memorized I should be able to recall and put in the new book; the tragedy is that I will never be able to bring back to mind the other ten or so listed in the old book that I wanted to memorize.

No comments: