Monday, June 02, 2008

Lazy Monday

Nice weekend. Played cards Friday night - won all three games, which is unheard of for me. Stayed out too late, then slept in a bit Saturday. Had wonderful friends over for dinner Saturday night (although I think Holly may have been a bit bored at all the racing talk at the beginning of the evening!). Stayed up too late after they left, slept in a bit Sunday.


I'm sensing a theme here.


In spite of it being the first Sunday of summer (with actual summer weather) we had a great crowd at church, and a great service. Home afterwards for lunch and a bit of organizing, then off to Starbucks to work on a study.


Which I neglected to bring with me. Oh, I had the printouts of the Bible book I needed, but managed to forget the actual study guide. No biggie - did some other things and worked on some cryptic crosswords. The main idea was to get out of the house during the IRL race. The wind was still from the west, and those cars have the most annoying engine sound on the planet. Practice and qualifying Saturday had been bad enough...I wasn't up to hearing all the cars at full throttle for two hours. I was home, however, for the F-15 flyover. That was pretty cool.


Who won anyway? The 5 a.m. radio djs only mentioned that Danica finished 8th or so, Castroneves was in the top five, they thought, Dixon had issues, and the race finished under caution because Vittor Meira caused an accident that sent Marco Andretti airborne? Considering I still don't know who won, I seem to know alot about the race...


Stayed up too late, again, but bounded crawled out of bed early to take myself out for breakfast, and to work on the study (which I had carefully packed and doublechecked the night before). Back home to input my check register into Quicken...it's been a while. Still only a penny off.

I think it's time to rustle up some lunch, then play in the fabric patch. I'm not ruling out a nap, but I do know it will be early to bed tonight - actually have to go to work tomorrow.

No comments: